Plan Your Trip - Tourist Information
- On line Guide to Siena, Italy
- Siena is Tuscany - A neat site by a long time friend with all sorts of cultural and practical information about Siena.
- Terre di Siena - tourism site about local attractions
- Palio di Siena - all about the Palio horse race
- Bus from Siena to Firenze - rapid bus between Siena and Florence
- ATM Locator
- Currency Cheat Sheet - for converting between Dollars and Euros
- Cyber Cafe Sites - the cheapest way to keep in touch. Sign up for a universal email address; ie, (@hotmail, @yahoo, etc,) that is accessible from any internet point.
- Weather Forecast for Europe and Italy
- Convert Celsius from Farenheight
- Street Signs - includes European driving tips
- US Customs - This is the 'know before you go' page for travelers, covering both passport issues and what you can bring back home
- What to Declare at Customs
Travel Insurance Suppliers
Get travel insurance! For a surprisingly modest amount of money you'll travel worry free.
- Florence Tourist Information Office - very thorough, with an English version.
- Contains calendar of events (on the right) but it is not very user friendly; you have to click on individual dates.
- Florence on Line
- Huge listing (in Italian) of sites about Florence and the province.
- Map site for Florence
- Bus information, Florence-Siena, in Italian.
For the UFFIZI, see museum sites.
Other Tuscan Area Sites
- Site regarding the lesser known Maremma area in southern Tuscany.
- Chiana Valley site with info on many towns including Arezzo, Cortona, Chiusi; you will have to pick judiciously through much transparent advertising.
Museum Information Sites
- Firenze Card - lately even people reserving tickets ahead for Florence museums have found themselves waiting in long lines. This is because the new "Florence Card" takes precedence. So, if you plan to see plenty of museums or spend a few days there, get it to skip the lines and walk right in.
Florence Advance reservations - If you only want to see one or two museums, the Firenze Card might be too expensive. Here is where to reserve ahead. But while YOU can't pick up your ticket too far in advance, you'll still have a line to wait in (as those Firenze Card people will pass you by). Hopefully the city will remedy this situation soon! Here is one link for Florence - B-Ticket